“Oh, it’s so great! I really didn’t think we needed to hire anyone to write this, but I love this so much! You really captured the essence of what we do.”
I often get a call like this after my first time submitting work to a client, and it always makes me smile. I love helping people craft a message that clearly communicates what makes them unique.
I’m a skilled interviewer, able to ask just the right question to get a perfect quote or anecdote. I love talking to people about what they do and what makes their work or company unique. I can write your website, white paper, blog, print materials or social media – anything that needs the right words to stand out.
Who do you work for?
I work for a variety of clients, most of them small business people who are so busy running their business they don’t have time to write about it. I help them with websites, brochures, blogs, social media, emails and really whatever needs getting done.
A few of my recent clients:
- a legal insurance nonprofit in Texas
- an award-winning violin maker’s shop
- a doula and craniosacral therapist who helps moms and babies
- a top-rate trash company in Houston
- a family and criminal law firm in Grand Rapids, Michigan
- a company that fabricates steel water tanks in Austin
- a data-driven marketing company in Houston
- the U.S. headquarters of a major world religion
- a music studio for young children and families
- a heating-and-cooling consultant for medical marijuana growers
It’s sort of an odd list, isn’t it? One of my strengths as a writer is mastering your line of work within the span of a short interview – at least well enough to explain it to your audience. I love getting to know small businesses and the entrepreneurs that make them great.
Interested in my journalism work? Head here.